◆ 好久沒見,地道的英文說法是什麼?
◆ 主動提出幫忙,如何表達?
◆ 中西方在餐桌禮儀上有什麼差別?
Table Manners 餐桌禮儀
Mom: We're going to eat at Aunt Sally's house on Saturday.
媽媽:咱們週六要去薩莉姑姑家吃飯。
Child: I'm excited!
寶寶:我好激動啊!
She makes the best food.
她做飯最好吃了。
Mom: Good.
媽媽:好的。
Let's review our table manners tonight.
咱們今晚複習一下餐桌禮儀。
Manner作禮貌、禮儀時,一定要用複數形式。
She hasn't seen you in a while,
她好久沒見你了,
and we want to make a good impression, right?
咱們給她留個好印象,好嗎?
Child: I guess.
寶寶:好吧。
I already know some manners.
我已經知道一些禮儀了。
Mom: Like what?
媽媽:比如呢?
▎禮儀一Child: I know I have to chew with my mouth closed
寶寶:我知道嚼東西的時候要閉著嘴,
▎禮儀二and not talk with my mouth full.
嘴裡有東西的時候不能說話。
Mom: Very good.
媽媽:非常好。
Anything else?
還有呢?
▎禮儀三 Child: I shouldn't burp,
寶寶:我不能打飽嗝,
▎禮儀四and I need to ask before I leave the table.
還有離席的時候要請示一下。
Mom: Good.
媽媽:很好。
There are a few more rules I want to teach you.
我還想再教給你一些規則。
▎禮儀五The first one is you should come to the table with a clean face and hands.
首先,你要把臉和手洗乾淨再上桌。
▎禮儀六You don't start eating until someone tells you or everyone else does.
有人說可以吃了,或者大家都這麼做了,你再開始吃。
Child: OK, you've told me all these before.
寶寶:好的,這些你以前都跟我說過。
I just forgot.
我只是忘了。
Mom: It's not a problem.
媽媽:沒關係。
Do you want to hear the rest?
你還想聽其他的嗎?
Child: Yeah.
寶寶:嗯。
Mom: OK.
媽媽:好的。
▎禮儀七You need to stay seated
你要一直坐在座位上,
▎禮儀八and sit up straight.
坐直。
▎禮儀九You don't want to make bad comments about the food.
你不要挑飯菜的毛病。
▎禮儀十You need to ask people to pass you dishes that are far away.
如果菜離得比較遠,要請別人傳給你。
Child: OK.
寶寶:好的。
▎禮儀十一Mom: At the end of the meal,
媽媽:吃飯結束的時候,
thank the people who cooked
要感謝一下做飯的人,
▎禮儀十二and offer to clean up.
主動提出幫忙收拾。
Child: Do I have to?
寶寶:我需要主動提的?
I want to play with my cousins.
我想和弟弟妹妹玩。
Mom: Yes, you have to offer.
媽媽:嗯,你需要的。
It's polite.
這樣才有禮貌。
Child: Well, that's OK.
寶寶:嗯,好吧。
Are these all the manners?
這些是所有的禮儀嗎?
Mom: Yep.
媽媽:是的。
Can you bring me your Play-Doh?
你能把你的橡皮泥拿過來嗎?
Child: Are we going to eat Play-Doh?
寶寶:我們要吃橡皮泥?
Mom: No, it's just for practice, silly.
媽媽:不是,就用來練習一下,傻孩子。
Let's make the Play-Doh into food and dishes.
咱們用橡皮泥做食物和餐具。
Child: Yay!
寶寶:耶!
I like playing with my Play-Doh!
我喜歡玩橡皮泥!
附:上文中講到的餐桌禮儀是中西方都適用的,再為大家補充兩條西方特有餐桌禮儀:
Keep your elbows off the table.
不要把胳膊肘放到桌子上。
這條禮儀背後的原因說法不一,可能和西方人使用刀叉需要足夠空間有關。
Put your napkin in your lap.
把餐巾鋪在腿上。
餐巾不是中餐必備,但是在提供了餐巾的中餐廳,我們也可以這樣做。