首頁>育兒>

◆ 如何用英文解釋什麼是自助餐?

◆ 自助餐有哪幾個區域?

◆ 盛菜的“盛”英文怎麼說?

Buffet 自助餐

Mom: I hope you're hungry,

媽媽:但願你現在餓了

because we're going to a buffet for dinner.

因為咱們晚飯要去吃自助餐

Child: Yum!

寶寶:~

I'm very hungry.

我很餓。

What is a buffet?

什麼是自助餐啊?

Mom: A buffet is a meal where guests serve themselves

媽媽:自助餐是一種客人們自選食物

and can eat almost as much as they want.

想吃多少就多少的用餐方式。

You get a plate,

你拿一個盤子

then walk up to the buffet

然後走到取餐區

Buffet除了表示自助餐這種用餐形式,還可以表示自助餐的取餐區。

where they have all the food spread out,

吃的都擺好了,

and you just put the food you want on your plate.

你想要的食物盛到盤子就行了。

英文裡沒有“盛”這個詞,除了put這個萬能動詞、還可以用fill-填滿、用某個工具盛(如:scoop-用勺、鏟子盛)等來表達。

Child: Does that mean I can eat as much as I'm able?

寶寶:是說我能吃多少就可以吃多少嗎?

Mom: Yes, but let's try not to eat so much

媽媽:是的,但是咱們別吃得過多

that we get sick, OK?

不然該生病了,好嗎?

Child: OK, Mom.

寶寶:好的,媽媽。

Mom: There are about four main areas of the buffet.

媽媽:這個自助餐有大概四個主要區域

There are meat entrees, sides, a salad bar, and desserts.

包括肉類主菜區配菜區沙拉吧甜點區

Child: What kind of meat can I get?

寶寶:我吃什麼啊?

Mom: Take a look.

媽媽:你去看看

Child: I see steak, seafood, and chicken.

寶寶:有牛排海鮮雞肉

Mom: Use those tongs to grab what you'd like,

媽媽:喜歡什麼就用那個夾子夾,

but don't put more on your plate than what you'll eat.

但是吃不了那麼多,就別盛到盤子裡。

We don't want to be wasteful.

咱們不能浪費

Child: Can you reach that small piece of chicken in the back for me?

寶寶:你能幫我一下後面那小塊雞嗎?

Mom: Sure.

媽媽:當然。

Next are the sides.

接下來是配菜

I want you to get a spoonful of vegetables.

我希望你盛一勺蔬菜。

Child: OK.

寶寶:好的。

I'll get the corn and green beans.

我要玉米豆角

Mom: Looks good.

媽媽:看起來不錯。

I'll get brussels sprouts.

我要球芽甘藍

Child: I'll take that too.

寶寶:我也要。

Mom: There's also a salad bar,

媽媽:那兒還有一個沙拉吧

but let's not visit that until we finish this plate.

但是咱們吃完盤子裡的東西之前先別去。

Child: OK.

寶寶:好的。

Can I get a drink?

我能拿點飲料嗎?

Mom: Yes.

媽媽:可以的。

Let's find a table to put down our plates,

咱們找一個桌子盤子放下

and then I'll go with you to get utensils, a napkin and a drink.

然後我和你一塊去拿餐具餐巾和飲料。

Child: Can I get a soda?

寶寶:我能喝汽水嗎?

Mom: Yes, but just one.

媽媽:好的,但是隻能一杯。

Child: Cool.

寶寶:太好了

Mom: Here you go.

媽媽:給你

You can go back to the table now,

你現在可以回餐桌了,

but be careful and walk.

但是要小心,要用走的。

Don't run.

別跑

Child: OK.

寶寶:好的。

☀ After a while 過了一會

Child: I'm finished with this plate.

寶寶:我吃完這盤了。

What do they have for dessert?

他們有什麼甜點啊?

Mom: Do you have room for a salad?

媽媽:你還有地兒吃沙拉嗎?

Child: No, I'm full.

寶寶:沒有了,我飽了

Mom: OK.

媽媽:好的。

Well, they have lots of desserts: cookies, pudding, cake, pie, and ice cream.

嗯,他們有很多甜點:餅乾布丁蛋糕冰激凌

I think they also have a chocolate fountain

他們還有巧克力噴泉

where you can dip fruit, cookies, and marshmallows.

你可以拿水果、餅乾和棉花糖在裡面

Child: Oh wow!

寶寶:哦,喔!

Mom: Leave your dirty plate here

媽媽:把你的髒盤子放在這兒,

and get a clean one at the buffet.

取餐區拿一個乾淨的。

And no running.

還有,別跑啊。

更多吃飯相關親子英文,請檢視:

14
最新評論
  • 讓孩子早點睡的實用妙招,家長必看!
  • “虎父無犬子”的深層邏輯:孩子8歲前,父母的3個行為至關重要